Monday, July 15, 2013

My Personal Childhood Web


A childhood web is meant to show the relationships that surround a child and how they contribute to that child's overall development.  Below is a representation of the people in my early childhood who cared and nurtured for me or showed me they cared for me.  My immediate family were the central figures in my life and I cannot recall anyone else that really affected my life substantially in a positive way other than them.  We moved constantly growing up and I did not have the fortune of having close relationships with my extended family, teachers or other adults.  I often wonder what it would have been like to have those relationships growing up.   My web was very small, but positive and nurturing.


4 comments:

  1. BethAnn, I enjoyed reading about your family microsystem growing up. Your graphic is a strong representation of these loving relationships, and your family must have been very engaged. Being able to grow up in many different places must have been exciting, and probably scary too. It is important to affirm the sacrifices made by military families. I am grateful for your family's past and present service to our country.
    -Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BethAnn, your childhood web shows a caring group of people who nurtured you and were there for you. Your mom looks like she was and is your rock and having someone like that is wonderful. There is nothing like having a grandmother who spoils you either. My husband grew up in the military and has been so many places like you have with his mom, dad and brother. He has many neat stories about his travels as I bet you do too. Nice web and I appreciate your sacrifices then and now.
    ~Jalice K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth Ann,

    That is nice that your two sisters were constant companions. I have two sisters, but they were slightly older than me so we really never got close. Not even as adults. That was my mothers dying wish, that we would get closer after she left us. It didn't happen. It makes me sad sometimes. I have friends from childhood that I am closer to than my own blood relatives. It just happens like that sometime. It must be nice to cherish your sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the graph that you posted! Sometimes our immediate family is all we have. I believe the most important thing is that there is someone to support us through our growth and development. I think about those children that do not have support and my heart aches for them.

    ReplyDelete